- Does this course fulfill the requirements for BSA leaders?
According to the ACA it does!
- Does this course meet the requirements of the New York State Children's camps?
It fulfills the requirement for First Aid.
- Is this course the same or similar to the Wilderness First Aid offered by the various out-of-State companies?
We like to think it's better, but definitely equal to their classes.
- Is there a shorter Wilderness First Aid course available for the "casual" camper or traveller?
Yes, we offer a 1-day course with a Standard FIRST AID certificate which gives a thorough insight into preparedness and planning, as well as managing incidents in remote and wilderness environments. It can be adjusted for many occasions, but is a 6 hour course.
- How does this course compare to "Wilderness First Responder"?
This course is designed for the person who is involved in the activity and part of the immediate response group. A "Wilderness First Responder" requires additional training to comply with state EMS protocols because most WCFR's work for response agencies that react to emergencies and are trained to extract victims from the wilderness.
242 South Main Street is on the west side of Main, just before the old Byrne Dairy. We are in the small plaza between Byrne Dairy and the Barber Shop! Parking is available in our plaza or behind the plaza as well!
Coming from the south (lake), turn LEFT at the VILLAGER Restaurant, go around the Byrne Dairy into the Public Parking lot and access our plaza from the west!
at Salvation Army Teen Center
110 Saltonstall St
Bring a Friend!!!!
Looking for Instructor
Contact Sue at
$40 or 2/$75
Please register here